jeudi 27 janvier 2011

Interview JK Rowling

Dear Reader, 

Today is not a "normal" day.

It has been the second time that I am writing this message because of a computer bug.
The Thursday quote won't be a usual one.

Today, for once, you'll have a series of quotes.

Everybody knows the Harry Potter books and movies. 
I found interesting to show you an interview of JK Rowling.

The following video is the first one I found on Youtube.
And this interview of JK Rowling by Oprah Windfrey stroke me. 
They are both so natural, so "normal", so clever... 
They behave just like old friends and seem to have so much in common.
And it is true.
At the end Oprah Winfrey even answers JK Rowling questions.

Since I was young, I have always watched the "behind the scenes" movies and listened to authors' interviews. 
This time it is quite the same and it helps to know who is this amazing writer.

My aim has never been to spy or to be curious. 
As I have already said in a previous message, I care for privacy.
But I have always felt that artistic creations (writing, movie making, painting, singing...) are much more interesting when explained by their authors.

So today you have a series of 4 videos, all coming from the same interview.
I really hope that you'll like them and feel happy after watching them as I was.

The first (big) quote is the most important one.
JK Rowling puts words on the moment that every artist has to experience : when you let the characters go away and when your creation is done.

The video is in English.
There are French subtitles too.


Part 1


"- It was a bereavement. It was huge. But I think, one way, although I knew that it was coming... We all know that the people we love are mortal, we all know that we are mortal. We know it is going to an end. You can not prepare yourself for it. So even though I had always known that there would be only seven books, that was it. I knew how it would come to an end, when it ended I was in a harsh state of shock.

- What did you do after you finished writing ? (Oprah Winfrey's question)

- Initially I was delighted. But there came a point, I cried as I had only cried once before in my life, when my mother died. It was uncontrolable. And I am not a big crier. (...) For seventeen years I had had many tumultuous times in my life and I had always had that. And if it is an escape for all those children, you can imagine what it has been for me ? And it was not just the world, it was the discipline of working. It was the structure it gave to my life. I knew that I would still go on writing. But I had to mourn Harry."



Part 2

"Love is the most important thing in the world."

JK Rowling


Part 3

"When I knew that it was time to go, I left"
(about her first mariage)
 
JK Rowling




Part 4

"I had an old typewriter and a big idea."

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, 
unless you live so cousciously 
that you might have not lived at all."

JK Rowling in her "Harvard Speech"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire