jeudi 3 mars 2011

The King's Speech

"King Edward VIII: Sorry, I've been terribly busy.
King George VI: Doing what?
King Edward VIII: Kinging. "


***

"Bertie: What are you doing? Get up! You can’t sit there!
Lionel: Why not? It’s a chair.
Bertie: No, it’s not, that is Saint Edward’s Chair...
Lionel: People have carved their initials into it!
Bertie: That chair is the seat on which every King and Queen-
Lionel: It’s held in place by a large rock!
Bertie: That is the Stone of Scone, you are trivialising everything-
Lionel: I don’t care. I don’t care how many Royal arses have sat in this chair
Bertie: Listen to me !
Lionel: Listen to you?! By what right?
Bertie: Divine right, if you must! I’m your King!
Lionel: Noooo you’re not! Told me so yourself. Said you didn’t want it. So why should I waste my time listening to you?
Bertie: Because I have a right to be heard!
Lionel: Heard as what?!
Bertie: A man! I HAVE A VOICE!!!
...
Lionel: Yes you do. You have such perseverance, Bertie, you’re the bravest man I know. And you’ll make a bloody good king."


I chose this movie today...

Because Colin Firth deserves his Oscar.
Because Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush are amazing.
Because the movie is really well-written.
Because Tom Hooper is a great film director.
Because King George VI was a Good king.
Because stamerring can be cured.


(c) "The King's Speech" - a movie by Tom Hooper
(c) Bedlam Productions 2010

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire