jeudi 25 novembre 2010

Happy Thanksgiving !

Since the Americans celebrate Thanksgiving today, my LCDJ (or Thursday Quote) was not difficult to think about.

You will find below three quotes.

The 1rst one reminds us that Thanksgiving is the most familial celebration in the US.

Thanksgiving is the occasion to showing one's gratitude for the blessings that we are showered with. So the 2nd quote is a small prayer of gratitude.

The 3rd is an ironic quote from the movie Sweet November. It reminds us that the Pilgrims prosecuted the Native Americans when they arrived to the US...  

"Forever on Thanksgiving Day
The heart will find the pathway home."
Wilbur D. Nesbit


For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Happy We-Stole-Your-Land-and-Killed-Your-People Day!
Thanksgiving toast"
From "Sweet November"


On this special day, I advise you a wonderful ecards website I've just found. 
She creates fabulous cards :  the best I've ever found on the web !
And believe me, I went on many websites to find original ones.

Here is my favourite Thanksgiving ecard
I'm sure, you'll love it too !

2 commentaires:

  1. If you eat too much on Thanskgiving, then you may have a food coma like this Thanksgiving ecard:-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks a lot for this funny ecard !
    It is the same for us at Xmas...
    I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

    RépondreSupprimer